The WFEO Engineering for Innovative Technologies Committee and the Young Engineers / Future Leaders Committee organized the webinar “A Sustainable Future: Young Engineers and the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)” on the 18th September 2020, during the 23rd China Beijing International High-Tech Expo (CHITEC).
Young Engineers have ambition and desire for changing the world and are always contributing in proposing innovative technological solutions, driving the emerging 4IR. They are mobilizing to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (#SDGS) to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet.
Provided with the necessary skills and opportunities needed to reach their potential, young engineers with sustainable development awareness and ethical social responsibility, are capable to lead the new industrial revolution, without harming the environment or increasing inequality.
The webinar highlighted on the below:
1. Technological Innovations done by Young Engineers to promote the SDGs
2. Necessary knowledge and skills for young engineers in the context of 4IR and the SDGs
3. COVID-19 impact: How are Young Engineers around the world are making a difference?
Moderator: Dr. Jing Peng, Chair of the WFEO Engineering for Innovative Technologies Committee
- Prof. GONG Ke, President of WFEO – A Sustainable Future: Young Engineers and 4IR
- Mr. Yohan Ramasundara, Member of AI and BD Working Group, Immediate Past President, Australian Computer Society
- Ms. Carol Cai, Product Owner of Digital Manufacturing in SAP
- Eng. Firas Bou Diab, Chair of WFEO Young Engineers / Future Leaders Committee (YE/FL)
CHITEC, or, China Beijing International High-tech Expo, is a major annual technology expo held in Beijing sponsored by a number of national government agencies. The aim of the event is to promote the commercialization, market-oriented operation and internationalization of the technology industry.
Over the past decade, CHITEC has grown into one of the key technologies & trade events that are highly specialized and international for China to showcase state-of-the-art technologies, spread cutting-edge ideas, release industrial policies, and promote international economic & technical cooperation.
For more information: