The Committee on Energy’s objective is to be the Engineering reference for programs, strategies and policies aiming to move toward sustainable and resilient energy systems around the world. As energy is intimately linked to transitions in societies and economies, the Committee’s considerations include the consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic.“.–Jean Eudes Moncomble, Chair of CE (France)Contact the committee at: ene firstname.lastname@example.org (without the space)
The Committee on Energy’s objective is:
- become the engineering reference for assessing the feasibility of current and cutting edge energy technologies for sustainable development.
- To be the engineering reference for energy sustainable development based on engineering criteria and actively participate in sustainable energy programs around the world by providing subject matter experts.
Launch and complete studies for Solar power, Nuclear power, Energy Internet, Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage (CCUS), Energy Storage, Hydrogen and Electrification.
The Committee on Energy will continue to lead the WFEO’s efforts. Sustainable Energy for all seeks to mobilize action from all sectors of society in support of three interlinked objectives to be achieved by 2030: providing universal access to modern energy services; doubling the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency; and doubling the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
To provide the engineer with updated, unbiased and reliable information on the feasibility of the different energy technologies based on scientific principles, engineering criteria and demonstrated technological development.
The Committee on Energy consists of a Chairman and six regional Vice-Chairmen representing: North America, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Europe/Russia, Middle East/South Central Asia, and Africa. Committee Officers are appointed by their respective National Member organizations.
- Africa – Prof. Abubakar S Sambo, Nigeria
- Asia/Pacific – Prof. Sun Hongbin, China
- Europe/Russia – Dr. Daniel Favrat, Switzerland
- Latin America – TBN
- Middle East/South Central Asia – Mr. Pradeep Chaturvedi, India