- This event has passed.
WFEO Webinar: HLPF 2021 – Deploying Global Youth Capacity in UN Policy and Engineering for SDG 13
July 9 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
WFEO and its Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders are pleased to invite you to the HLPF 2021 side event “Deploying Global Youth Capacity in UN Policy and Engineering for SDG 13” that will be held Friday, 09 July 2021, as a side event of the 2021 edition of the High-level Political Forum
The crises of climate breakdown are the most serious issues of our time. Our major infrastructure systems of transport, energy, water, waste, telecommunications and flood defenses play a major part, accounting for a vast portion of energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions whilst also having a significant impact on our natural habitats.
WFEO continues to raise awareness of the climate emergency and the urgent need for action amongst WFEO National Member Engineering Organizations and WFEO Partners, all stakeholders within the National Members and with Governments.
The event aims for an engineering community where a diverse and inclusive membership can work collaboratively towards innovative climate mitigation strategies, engaging women and young engineers in particular to combat climate change.
Date and Time: July 9 at 1:00 – 2:30 PM ET New York / 7:00 – 8:30 PM CET Paris.
If the virtual room is full, you can follow the event live in the WFEO Youtube channel at bit.ly/3yyVa1c
- Gong Ke: WFEO President
- Shamila Nair-Bedouelle: Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences of UNESCO
- Firas Bou Diab: Chair, WFEO Young Engineers / Future Leaders Committee – YEFL Global Initiatives and Activities – Working Group on SDG13
- Nisreen Elsaim: UN Secretary General’s Youth Advisor on Climate Change (YAG) – Relevant initiatives in infrastructure and STEM skills for SDG 13
- Manon Frezouls: Focal Point for the Youth UNESCO Climate Action Network (YoU-CAN) – Engaging young engineers in the development of the Youth UNESCO Climate Action Network (YoU-CAN)
- Videos – Winners of the WFEO Young Engineers / Future Leaders Video Campaign at World Engineering Day 2021
- Sara Nyberg: Country Representative Lead for Young Leaders in Energy and Sustainability (YES Europe) and former international coordinator of PUSH Sweden – Youth engagement in technology in the UNFCCC and in the energy-climate nexus
- Emma Van Fossen: Product Engineer at Trane Technologies – The Role of Industry in Pursuing Climate Action
- Milda Pladaite: Member, WFEO Young Engineers / Future Leaders Committee – YEFL Global Initiatives and Activities – Working Group on SDG13 (continued)
Conclusions and Recommendations
- José Vieira: WFEO President Elect
For more information: