- This event has passed.
STI Forum 2021 Side Event “Engineering – Bridging the Gap for a Sustainable and Resilient Recovery”
May 4 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
This is a Side Event in connection with the Scientific and Technological Community Major Group, and the Science & Technology Innovation (STI) Forum 2021 organized by WFEO in collaboration with the International Science Council (ISC).
This event is to present the second UNESCO Engineering Report: “Engineering for Sustainable Development: Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals”; discuss the crucial role of engineering in the implementation of the SDG’s and more importantly, how to bridge the gap and make sustainable and resilient recovery from this and any in the future pandemics.
- Alik Ismail-Zadeh, Ph.D., DSc, MAE, FAGU, FIUGG, Hon. FRAS, Secretary of the ISC Governing Board and Senior Scientist, Institute of Applied Geoscience, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Shamila Nair-Bedouelle, Ph.D., Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Gong Ke, Ph.D., President, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO)
- Marlene Kanga, AM, Ph.D., FTSE, Hon.FIEAust., Hon.FIChemE, Immediate Past President, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO)
- Milda Pladaite, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) Younger Member
- K.N. Gunalan, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, Chair WFEO UN Relations Committee / Immediate Past President of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
Date: Tuesday 4th May 2021, 1:00pm in Eastern Time (New-York).
Register at bit.ly/2R3GoPL
This event is generously hosted by WFEO; and sponsored by ASCE, an Affiliate Member of the WFEO.
For more information: