This Science & Technology Innovation (STI) Forum 2021 side event was organized by WFEO in collaboration with its Affiliate Member American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), and the International Science Council (ISC).
This event presented on 4th May 2021 the second UNESCO Engineering Report: “Engineering for Sustainable Development: Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals“; discussed the crucial role of engineering in the implementation of the SDG’s and more importantly, how to bridge the gap and make sustainable and resilient recovery from this and any in the future pandemics.
- Alik Ismail-Zadeh, Ph.D., DSc, MAE, FAGU, FIUGG, Hon. FRAS, Secretary of the ISC Governing Board and Senior Scientist, Institute of Applied Geoscience, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Shamila Nair-Bedouelle, Ph.D., Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Gong Ke, Ph.D., President, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO)
- Marlene Kanga, AM, Ph.D., FTSE, Hon.FIEAust., Hon.FIChemE, Immediate Past President, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO)
- Milda Pladaite, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) Younger Member
- K.N. Gunalan, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, Chair WFEO UN Relations Committee / Immediate Past President of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
The recording is available by clicking on the below image.
For more information: