The Committee on Engineering and the Environment (CEE), in partnership with the Engineering Institute of Canada, hosted a side event entitled “Implementing Equitable, Sustainable and Climate Resilient Infrastructure & Local Adaptive Capacity” at the UNFCCC Bonn Climate Change Conference on 11 June.
The side event presented principles used by infrastructure professionals in achieving climate resilient infrastructure, considering inclusion of women and young professionals. It also explored examples of implementation, and also how climate and risk assessment training contributes to local adaptive capacity.
- Davide Stronati, Chair of the WFEO Committee on Engineering and the Environment;
- Rosa Galvez, Independent Senator representing Quebec, member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering and Engineers Without Borders;
- Ignacio González-Castelao Martínez-Peñuela, Chair of the WFEO Committee on Water;
- Darrel Danyluk, P.Eng FCAE FEIC FCSCE FEC- Chair, Engineering Institute of Canada;
- David Lapp, Senior Advisor to the PIEVC Program at Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction, on behalf of Erik Sparling, VP of Climate Risk Institute (CRI)
The event regording is available by clicking on the below image.
For more information: