A successful international Webinar on Responsibility and Accountability of Stakeholders in the Construction Industry was held on 4th July 2020 in Rangoon, Myanmar, with speakers from Malaysia and Australia.
The event was hosted by the Myanmar Engineering Council, an important national member of WFEO.
The event focused on the need for all parties in the supply chain of the construction industry to work together for sustainable development.
The recording of the webinar is available in this page.
- Moderator: Prof. Dr. Charlie Than, President of Myanmar Engineering Council (MEngC)
- Guest of Honour: H.E. U Han Zaw, Minister of Construction (Myanmar), who gave the opening speech.
- Dr Marlene Kanga, Immediate Past President, WFEO, made opening remarks and a presentation of the latest changes in the construction industry in Australia, including legislation passed in June 2020 and need to register engineers
- Ir. Dr. Tan Yean Chin, Secretary General of Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and Pacific (FEIAP) Responsibility and Accountability of Stakeholders in Construction Industry in Malaysia
- Engr. Aung Myint, President of Federation of Myanmar Engineering Society (Fed. MES), Myanmar Construction Industry & Institutions
- Engr. Dr. Aung Kyaw Myat, Chairman of High-Rise and Public Building Projects Committee (HPBC), Present Inspection System for High-rise and Public Building Projects
- Engr. Myo Myint, Councillor of MEngC, Challenges ahead for Myanmar Construction Industry
The webinar was very well received by the Minister for Construction and the many delegates who attended and who asked many questions on the issues with regulating the construction industry.
The meeting concluded with a decision to prepare a positon paper similar to the one developed in Malaysia and which resulted in significant legislation changes. Ir Tan Yean Chin agree to provide guidance for the project. The information from Australia by the Building Ministers was also well received and will inform the project.
For more information: