The WFEO Committee on Disaster Risk Management (CDRM), the Peruvian Engineers Association (CIP), Engineering New Zealand and the Ghana Institution of Engineers organize the international webinar “Infrastructure Systems for Resilient Societies”, to be held on Tuesday July 12 at 4:00 pm, Lima, Peru time.
This webinar will outline the challenges and opportunities in making our infrastructure systems more resilient, and how to apply the
principles of Disaster Risk Management to new and existing infrastructure to achieve this goal.
This involves effective design and system risk management that takes account of the full range of hazards (the risk reduction phase), and
comprehensive response arrangements and recovery planning. One of the common threads is collaboration between infrastructure providers.
- José Macharé, Chair of the WFEO Committee on Disaster Risk Management, Peru
- Dave Brunsdon – New Zealand Lifelines Council, New Zealand – Infrastructure Lessons from Recent Major Earthquakes in New Zealand
- Carlien Bou-Chedid – Ghana Institution of Engineers, Ghana – The Role of Codes and Standards
- Stefan Schauer – Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria – Power Outages in Europe and South America: a Comparison
- Yoshihisa Maruyama – Chiba University, Japan – Countermeasures of Gas and Water Supply Systems against Natural Disasters in Japan
- Yolanda Alberto – University of Chile, Chile – Risk and Resilience in Water Networks in Chile