The WFEO Committee on Disaster Risk Management, with the support of the Peruvian Engineers Association (CIP), organizes the free online course “Managing the risk of debris and mud flow-related disasters“, bringing together distinguished specialists from different countries to address the subject through six topics:
- Climate and mass flows: geographic distribution – Dr. Paul Santi, Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Hazard maps for risk prevention and reduction – Dr. Reginald Hermanns, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NO
- Vulnerability assessment of building and infrastructure – Dr. Dimitris Pitilakis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GR
- Early warning systems for debris and mudflows – Dr. Edier Aristizabal, National University of Colombia, CO
- Capacity building and social organization – Dr. Silvia Hostettler, EPFL Sustainability, CH
- Engineering solutions in mass flow-prone areas – Dr. Federico Vagnon, Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy
The Online course begins Tuesday 13 April 2021.
You will find more information in the following page.