The WFEO Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders and European Young Engineers (EYE) cordially invite you to attend a webinar on “Water reuse for a Sustainable Industry – Challenges and Opportunities in a Circular Economy that will be held Tuesday, 26 January 2021 at 3:00 – 4:15 pm CET.
To define the barriers existing between politics, industry, and academia in regards to the promotion of water reuse in industry, to create a sound cohesion between the technical and natural world.
- Identify areas of potential opportunities between the three (politics, industry, and academia) to:
- Strengthen and promote their relationship through opportunities for collaboration;
- Define sustainable solutions in regards to water reuse among several sectors.
- Describe specific examples of measures undertaken by different countries to explore opportunities for water reuse
- Make proposals as to how such opportunities may be further developed
- Promoting certain SDG 6
- Promote young engineers
- Virginijus Sinkevičius – European Commissioner of Environment, Oceans and Fisheries
- Joaquim Poças Martins – Former Secretary of State for the Environment of Portugal – Vice President of the WFEO Working Group on Water – Professor at the University of Porto
- Hans-Martin Friis Møller – Director, CEO Kalundborg Utility. – Chairman of the Danish Water Forum
- Alexandros Stefanakis – Editor-in-Chief of Journal “Circular Economy and Sustainability” – Assistant Professor at the Technical University of Crete
- Francesca Pizza – Secretary of the Joint Working Group on Water Reuse, EurEau – Process Manager at Milano-Nosedo Wastewater Treatment Plant WWTP (MM SpA)
- Firas Bou Diab, Chair, WFEO Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders
- Nadja Yang – EYE Vice President of Public Policy
- Jeanice Mallia – EYE Head of Working Group Water Reuse