WFEO-CEE Side event at UNFCCC COP27 – The global engineering view: Delivering an equitable, sustainable and low carbon resilient world
November 10 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Committee on Engineering and the Environment (CEE), in partnership with the Engineering Institute of Canada and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) will host the side event “The global engineering view: Delivering an equitable, sustainable and low carbon resilient world” at the UNFCCC COP27 Conference in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, on 10 November, 11:30 – 13:00 am Egypt time (GMT + 2) / 10:30 – 12:00 pm CET (GMT + 1). This is a physical event.
The speakers will cover the following topics:
- Exploring the engineering role in building climate resilience of cities and reducing risk for local communities,
- Understanding decarbonization through the lens of both industrialized and emerging economies, utilizing low carbon energy solutions,
- Showcasing the importance of women and future leaders.
- Jianping Wu, member of the WFEO Committee on Engineering and the Environment;
- Valentina Putrino, member of the WFEO Committee on Disaster Risk Management;
- Saifur Rahman, Virginia Tech Advanced Research Institute;
- Tariq S Durrani, University of Strathclyde;
- Aitazaz A. Farooque, School of Climate Change and Adaptation;
- Darrel Danyluk, Engineering Institute of Canada.
For more information: