- This event has passed.
International Accreditation Conference in Engineering 2020
November 17 - November 19
The Philippine Technological Council (PTC) and the Accreditation and Certification Board for Engineering & Technology (PTC-ACBET) are organizing the ACE2020: International Accreditation Conference in Engineering, to be held online between 16 and 19 November 2020 – 1:00-5:30 PM, Philippines Time.
The main theme will be “Accreditation and QA: Leading Transformations Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Development”.
The Philippine Technological Council is the umbrella organization of thirteen engineering professional organizations (EPO) in the country each composed of engineering professionals within one particular engineering discipline.
The PTC Accreditation and Certification Board for Engineering & Technology (PTC-ACBET) was created in 2010 as an independent body to implement PTC policies on the accreditation of engineering and technology programs in the country.
ACE is the platform for the exchange of information and discussions on current developments in international and local best practices in engineering education, accreditation and quality assurance among higher education institutions, the professional organizations, the accreditation bodies, government agencies, among other stakeholders.
ACE 2020 has been launched to provide a more global view of trends and practices in engineering education, accreditation and quality assurance by inviting noted speakers and luminaries from the above latter partner institutions.
Delegates will come from the 13 member engineering organizations, engineering schools, and universities. Foreign delegates are also coming from the 10 members of the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organizations (AFEO), the members of the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) and the Washington Accord, the Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and the Pacific (FEIAP) and WFEO.
The following main topics have been lined up for the 3-day (PM only) event:
- Washington Accord – “Gold Standard” of Engineering Education Quality: Way Forward
- Challenges, Opportunities, and Best Practices in Meeting the Requirements of Washington Accord
- Emerging Benchmarks of Graduate Attributes and Professional Competencies
- Developments in Engineering Education in the Digital Revolution: Accreditation Towards Mutual Recognition & Mobility
- Teaching, Learning and Assessments (TLA) in Engineering Education: Challenges and Opportunities in Online Learning
- Complex Engineering Problems and Engineering Activities (CEP/CEA) in the Context of a Washington Accord Engineering Program
- 3 Workshop Sessions on November 19, 2020 as follows:
- Workshop No. 1: Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategies in a Blended Learning Environment
- Workshop No. 2: Complex Engineering Problems and Complex Activities in a Washington Accord Program
- Workshop No. 3: Re-thinking Accreditation and Accreditation Reviews in a Blended Learning Environment
WFEO President 2017-2019 Dr. Marlene Kanga will be a keynote speaker on 18th November, speaking on the Graduate Attributes and Professional Competencies (GAPC) Framework.
Register in this page to attend.
The ACE 2020 flyer is available in this page.