Hassib J. Sabbagh 2019 Award for Engineering Construction Excellence
The theme: Sustainable Development for Smart Cities
The purpose of the Hassib J. Sabbagh Award is to direct world attention to the role of engineering in sustainable development.
The Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC), under the leadership of late Hassib J. Sabbagh, gave the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) responsibility for organizing the Hassib J. Sabbagh Award for Engineering Construction Excellence.
This Award was instituted in 2002 by the initiative and endowment of late Hassib J. Sabbagh who devoted many years of concern and effort in the area of engineering and construction.
The Award consists of a medal, a certificate, and a cash prize of $10,000 (USD) and is presented in conjunction with the biennial General Assembly of the WFEO. The first presentation was given during the WFEO General Assembly in Tunis, Tunisia in October 2003.
CONSOLIDATED CONTRACTORS COMPANY (CCC)
From its beginning in 1952, Consolidated Contractors Company, better known as CCC, has become the largest engineering and construction company in the Middle East. CCC is nevertheless truly international with active projects in countries spread over the Middle East, Africa, Caribbean and the CIS countries with related additional investments in Europe and the United States. CCC provides Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Services. CCC’s services today encompass a broad range of activities such as:
- Complete Construction of Petrochemical Plants and Refineries, Oil Loading and off-loading Terminals and Storage Facilities, Heavy and Light Industrial Plants. CCC is a pioneer in executing Plant Construction on a partnership basis with International Engineering Companies;
- Heavy Civil Construction of Power and Desalination Plants, Water Treatment Plants and Distribution Systems, Sewage Treatment Plants and Collection Networks, Dams and Reservoirs, Harbours and Docks, Airports, Bridges and Highway Interchanges, Roads and Highways;
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractor of high Quality Buildings, Industrial Buildings, Infrastructure Works and Networks;
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractor of Water, Oil and Gas Pipelines.
THE WORLD FEDERATION OF ENGINEERING ORGANIZATIONS (WFEO)
On the 4th of March, 1968, representatives of 50 scientific and technical associations from all over the world met under the auspices of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in Paris to establish the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO). WFEO’s charter as an international, non-governmental organization is to unite multidisciplinary engineering associations throughout the world, with as essential goals:
- To provide information and leadership to the engineering profession on issues of concern to the public or the profession;
- To serve society, and to be recognized, by national and international organizations and the public, as a respected and valuable source of advice and guidance on the policies, interests and concerns that relate engineering and technology to the human and natural environment;
- To make information on engineering available to the countries of the world and to facilitate communication through its member nations;
- To foster peace, socio-economic security and sustainable development among all countries of the world, through the proper application of technology;
- To facilitate relationships between governments, business and people by contributing engineering dimension to discussions on policies and investments.
If you can’t download the document, please contact us at secretariat(at)wfeo.org