- This event has passed.
World Science and Technology Development Forum – WSTDF 2022
November 26 - November 28
The World Science and Technology Development Forum (WSTDF) jointly organized by the China Association for Science and Technology (CAST), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE) and the People’s Government of the Sichuan Province, will be held from 26 to 28 November in Chengdu, China.
The Forum, themed on “Openness, Trust and Cooperation”, will focus on the following six main topics:
- Development priority: science and technology to promote social progress,
- People-centered: science and technology to ensure and improve people’s livelihood,
- Inclusive development: green innovation and sustainable development,
- Innovation driven: Future revolution in science,technology and industry,
- Results-oriented actions: technological innovation facing global challenges,
- Basic research for SDGs.
The three-day event consists of main forum, World Digital Economy Forum, more than 20 parallel forums and several thematic activities. More than 300 distinguished guests from the international science, education and business communities will present at keynote speeches, launch event and high-level dialogues both online and on site.
To respond to the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development proclaimed by UNESCO, encourage the global scientific and technological circles to be dedicated to basic science research and cooperation, and advance basic sciences for its contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals, the organizers of the 4th WSTDF are going to launch the Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development Initiative with global famous science and technology organizations on the Forum.