- This event has passed.
WFEO Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders Webinar series “Engineering the Future” – Climate Action
October 12 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The WFEO Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders is pleased to invite you to the webinar series “Engineering the Future” – Climate action.
Speakers, representing different levers – engineering, technology, finance, governance, collective action – will discuss the key challenges, opportunities and the role of new technologies, innovative engineering in reaching climate neutrality. Aim is to share the knowledge and inspire young engineers from Africa, Americas, Middle East, Asia / Pacific, Europe to proactively contribute to SDG 13 Climate Action.
These series of webinars seek to highlight the role of engineering design and systems-based approaches in risks identification, mitigation, and reduction, as well as recovery. It will highlight the key challenges to address and opportunities for better engineering systems across multiple sectors.
This webinar follows UN SDG 13 and WFEO Declaration on Climate Emergency, in particular Section 3: “Strive for an engineering community where a diverse and inclusive membership can work collaboratively towards innovative climate mitigation strategies, engaging women and young engineers in particular to combat climate change.”
Date and Time: Monday, 12 October 2020 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm CET via Zoom
Moderator: Milda Pladaitė, WFEO YE/FL member.
- Dr. Marlene Kanga, WFEO President 2017 – 2019
- Davide Stronati, Chair, WFEO Committee on Engineering and the Environment
- Bert D’Hooghe – Policy Director at the European Round Table for Industry (ERT)
- Sara Nyberg – Junior Consultant Corporate Sustainability (at South Pole) – Children and Youth constituency to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change – YOUNGO (UNFCCC) Representative
- Vane Aminga – Research Assistant, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute – SIPRI
- Firas Bou Diab, Chair, WFEO Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders
Register in this page to attend.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar via Zoom.
We are looking forward to your participation.
For more information: