- This event has passed.
WFEO CDRM Online course: Managing the risk of debris and mud flow-related disasters
The WFEO Committee on Disaster Risk Management, with the support of the Peruvian Engineers Association (CIP), organizes the free online course “Managing the risk of debris and mud flow-related disasters“, bringing together distinguished specialists from different countries to address the subject through six topics:
- Climate and mass flows: geographic distribution – Dr. Paul Santi, Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Hazard maps for risk prevention and reduction – Dr. Reginald Hermanns, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NO
- Vulnerability assessment of building and infrastructure – Dr. Dimitris Pitilakis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GR
- Early warning systems for debris and mudflows – Dr. Edier Aristizabal, National University of Colombia, CO
- Capacity building and social organization – Dr. Silvia Hostettler, EPFL Sustainability, CH
- Engineering solutions in mass flow-prone areas – Dr. Federico Vagnon, Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy
The Online course begins Tuesday 13 April 2021.
You will find more information in the following page.
For more information: