- This event has passed.
First ASRIC Conference on Engineering Sciences
September 6 - September 9
The first ASRIC (African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council) Conference on Engineering Sciences is organized by ASRIC Secretariat & Obour Institutes in Cairo, Egypt, between 6 and 8 September 2021. It will bring together lead academic scientists, researchers, and scholars from Africa and its Diaspora to exchange and share their experiences, research findings on all aspects of Engineering towards addressing Africa’s Urbanization.
The conference is an opportunity to strengthen intra-Africa research and cooperation, it is also a platform for researchers, practitioners to present and discuss the most recent solution, innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted Urbanization.
Conference Theme and sub-themes
The Conference has the main theme “Engineering and Informatics for Africa’s Urbanization” and the following sub-themes:
- Eco Engineering for Mega Cities and Urbanization;
- Informatics and Big data for urbanization and Mega City Management;
- Urban and Mega Cities Planning development and management
It is deemed also to address the areas that are in conjunction with the conference theme and sub-themes.
- Eco Engineering for Mega Cities and Urbanization Green & low carbon solutions for utilities/infrastructure for inhabitants daily activities that includes new materials, methods, processes which have positive impact on the environment
- Informatics and Big data for urbanization and Mega City Management Remote sensing, AI, GIS, ICT, Communication, Internet of things for applicable/innovative solutions for mega cities and their transformation towards smart cities.
- Urban and Mega Cities Planning development and Airports ; water supply management; mapping and designs, sewage, waste management; transport solution including mega transport; land utilization and management; economic impacts of mega cities; and etc.
UNESCO Engineering Agenda – This side event includes a special delivery of the outcome of the recently launched 2nd UNESCO Engineering Report titled “Engineering for Sustainable Development: Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals”; AI for Deduction of Water Leaks in urban environment project results; and Women in STEM session to boost women’s and girls’ participation in Engineering.
Federation of African Engineering Organizations (FAEO) Executive Council Meeting – The FAEO is an international non-governmental organization which represents the interests of all engineering practitioners in Africa, with a large membership of National and Regional Institutes and Councils of Engineering Sciences across AU Member States. The FAEO Executive Council Meeting will be held during the Conference to discuss on various issues towards the achievement of the organization’s objectives to facilitate and enhance development in engineering across Africa.
ASRIC-OHI Business Development Lounge – The ASRIC-OHI Business development lounge is a one of its kind opportunity for a selected number of leading firms and businesses to meet with their potential clients to develop business proposals and partnerships. The Lounge is designed to attract about 400 participants representing various African countries; Research Institutions/Universities; Engineering consultations firms, Engineering and construction firms, real estate developers, technological and innovation solution firms, governmental and nongovernmental actors, engineering registry bodies, and Engineering African and international organizations.
WFEO President Prof. Gong Ke will address at the conference.