5th World Landslide Forum
November 2 - November 6
The International Consortium on Landslides (ICL) and the ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships 2015-2025 invite you to join the 5th World Landslide Forum (WLF5) now to be held November 2-6, 2021, in Kyoto, Japan.
This Forum will include a mid-term review of the ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships, voluntary contribution to the Sendai Framework 2015-2030 and the Agenda 2030 – Sustainable Development Goals, especially Goal 11 Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
Participants of the Fourth World Landslide Forum adopted the 2017 Ljubljana Declaration on Landslide Risk Reduction – contributing to the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction. The Declaration proposes the Kyoto 2020 Commitment for Global Promotion of Understanding and Reducing Landslide Disaster Risk to be finalized during the preparatory activities for WLF5 and adopted during WLF5 in order to serve this purpose. The Commitment aims to establish in the medium and long term a global alliance that will accelerate and incentivize action for landslide risk reduction.
Themes of WLF5
- Sendai Partnerships 2015-2025 and Kyoto 2020 Commitment
- Hazard and vulnerability mapping and zonation
- Monitoring and early warning
- Testing, modeling and risk assessment
- Risk management, capacity development and country practices
- Catastrophic landslides: causes and consequences
- Frontiers of landslide science and innovative practices
For more information: